SproutLoud is hitting the Las Vegas Strip for the 53rd IFA Annual Convention later this month. We’re going to be showing off some great new technologies, and while I unfortunately won’t be there myself, all of us here are pretty psyched about the show. But let’s be honest – this is Las Vegas. My coworkers who are going are also pretty psyched for each night when the show lets out. If I were going, not much else would happen after sitting at the black jack tables, but if I did make it out of the casinos here is my Las Vegas primer on why this is one city where it is impossible to be at a loss for something to do.
- See the Las Vegas Sign – Yes, it’s touristy. Yes, it’s a cliché. But it’s the Las Vegas sign. You can’t go and not take a picture of it.
- Check out the Hotels – Hotels in Las Vegas are tourist destinations all on their own. Pretend to be Danny Ocean watching the fountains of the Bellagio, ride a gondola down the canals of the Venetian, or walk the streets of New York New York.
- Catch a Broadway Show – Speaking of New York, Vegas has some of the hottest plays rocking “The Great White Way,” including Jersey Boys, Million Dollar Quartet and Rock of Ages.
- Catch a non-Broadway Show – If musical theatre isn’t quite your thing, Vegas still has plenty of action up on stage. Catch a magic show with Penn & Teller or Criss Angel. See Celine Dion, B.B. King, or Tim McGraw and Faith Hill in concert. And, of course, two Vegas institutions, Cirque du Soleil or the Blue Man Group, never fail to impress.
- Thrills and Chills – Looking for something to get the blood and the adrenaline pumping? Then you’re looking for Stratosphere Tower Thrill Rides at the top of the Stratosphere Hotel. Try out all four extreme attractions over 900 feet above The Strip.
- Underworld Fun – Las Vegas was built by the mob, and that history has been celebrated in pop culture ever since. CSI: The Experience, the new attraction at the MGM Grand, puts you in the middle of the hit TV show, and in the middle of three murders, to see if you have what it takes to follow the evidence and solve the case. For a more authentic look at the criminal past of Las Vegas, check out the National Museum of Organized Crime and Law Enforcement, aka the Mob Museum. See how crime shaped Las Vegas and America.
There will be a lot of things to do during the IFA conference. Be sure to break out of the convention center and experience the Las Vegas, it is one of a kind.
Popularity: 2% [?]