When Should I Send My Marketing Email?
There has been a lot of research around when to send your newest marketing email. Most of the evidence has led to determining when NOT to send the email, providing marketers with a range of times to send out the missive.
- Sending emails overnight or early in the morning is not a good idea.
- Sending emails after typical working hours end is also not a good idea.
- Many people don’t check their emails in the evening, so it will sit in their inbox until the morning inbox cleaning.
Now that we know when not to send the email, what do we know about when TO send it. Sending emails mid-morning or mid-afternoon is the best general timeframe. By mid-morning, most urgent items for the day are likely to be resolved or at least addressed. If a reader receives your marketing message email after the morning rush, he or she is more likely to open and read it. This same process applies to early afternoon; by then, most welcome a few minutes tending to their inbox. Now that we have the time of day narrowed down, are all days of the week created equal, or are some better than other?
- On Mondays people are slow to get back into full work mode. If your marketing email is in a giant mess of emails on Monday morning, it might be deleted quickly or ignored altogether.
- On Fridays people are focused on finishing up weekly projects and are eager to get out of the office for the weekend. If they open an email on Friday, they are unlikely to initiate any action.
- Saturdays and Sundays are non-working days for many, which means that your email will wait in the pile until Monday morning.
So in conclusion, the best days to your important marketing emails are Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays. By Tuesday, people are back in work mode, and Wednesdays and Thursdays aren’t too close to the weekend, so they are great too. After all the work you put into cultivating a great marketing list, developing a marketing message, and composing your message, you owe it to yourself and your organization to send the email when it is most likely going to be read.
SproutLoud is an innovative marketing technology company that is disrupting conventional Channel Marketing strategy. Our SaaS-based Channel Marketing Automation Platform delivers the software, service and support Brands need to more successfully sell their products through Local Partners. SproutLoud has one mission: Make Channel Marketing work better. We accomplish this by simplifying campaign execution, amplifying the power of your marketing spend with Intelligent Co-Op Funds Management, and accelerating Local Channel Sales.